Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome to the Journey!


I'm starting this blog because I recently decided to stop hating myself and I want to chronicle my journey to self-acceptance.  I don't know exactly where this journey will take me, but you're welcome to come along.  

Being a fat woman keeps me from doing things that I want to do.  I can't fit in chairs that have arms or booths at restaurants, I can't fit into roller coaster seats, I have to go to special stores to buy clothes which in of itself is humiliating.   I'm at risk for diabetes because it runs in my family, I don't go to the OBGYN because I'm so embarassed, and last but certainly not least, I can't tie my own shoes without getting out of breath. 

I want to acknowledge that this isn't a "fat pride" website.  What I want to do is explore different topics on weight lose and life itself as an overweight person trying to gain control.  I want to LIVE!  I want to ride a bike, I want to jog, I want to eat in public without feeling ashamed and I want to share in special time with my BF, in a more active roll.  Get my drift? (nudge, wink wink).  I'll call him DR as I write this blog.

So, welcome to Self Acceptance is a Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment